Program Manager Medical Education
job description vacancy Medical Communication
Leading in medical communication
Our client is a leading medical communications agency that partners with the pharmaceutical and biotech industry to educate healthcare professionals. They produce a full line of strategic solutions in the areas of Strategic Publication Planning, Medical Communications, Medical Education, and Medical Publishing, from traditional newsletters to to complete symposium organization and innovative e-learning portals. At the Amsterdam Office a staff of 90 (20 nationalities!) successfully increase their business.
Therefore I am once again filling the vacancy
(Medical Communications / Education)
Makes Pharmaceutical Events happen, closely liasing with clients and colleagues
As a Program Manager you will service medical communication accounts (key international pharmaceutical companies). You will organize events and conferences either small (Advisory Board meetings) or large stand-alone events (2 day congresses with e.g. 500 participants and 25 expert-speakers). Not only are you responsible for organizing and delivering medical communication/education services, but also for day to day contact with Key Thought Leaders (KTL's, Physicians, Professors) who you will identify, brief, and support in the months before the event.
Your role in this vacancy Medical Communication?
Your key responsibility is to build and maintain optimal relationships with your clients: the Global Headquarters of one particular pharmaceutical company. Your counterparts in that company will be Marketing Directors, Medical Directors or Product Managers. Together you will translate their marketing and communication needs into meaningful events such as Symposia or Advisory Board meetings. In addition, you will produce or develop accompanying materials: training and education materials, product monographs, slide kits, adboards and e-learning/online media solutions as well as congress-booth activities.
Last but not least: you will be expected to take charge of project- and team- management. You will lead a team in a matrix-setting, so you have final responsibility and you will play a leading role in communications with customers and TL's, without being a hierarchical manager. You will responsible for the preparation and monitoring of budgets and timelines, on-site management of live events, and oversee logistics management and will cooperate closely with your account team members (Medical Advisors, Editorial Project Managers, Production Project Managers, Project Coordinators) and report to the Program Director.
Who am I looking for in this vacancy medical education?
Ideally you meet as much as possible of these criteria:
• Projectmanagement: proven experience with organizing and delivering medical or pharmaceutical events: conferences, symposia, preferably in the international arena
• You must have worked at least 3 years either in a medical communications and / or education agency
• Life Science degree (BSc or higher) or equivalent experience in working with complex medical information: you are not responsible for the medical content but must have understanding of the matter to successfully communicate with all involved! Is your degree in marketing or ‘business’? This can be compensated if you have at least experience in the pharmaceutical and/or medical arena and you can prove your high affinity for pharmaceutical marketing.
• Excellent English (speech ánd writing) and outstanding communication skills
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
• Drive and the ambition to succeed: commitment is a key-competence in this role
• Experienced in Word, Excell and especially Powerpoint, exceptional attention to detail
• Competent in teamwork/ team leadership ánd with a strong clientfocus
(Valid EU work permit required.)
What does this Agency offer you in return?
You’ll get a demanding but rewarding, entrepreneurial position. Your contract will be 36 hrs per week. As your contacts are global, you might have to manage your contacts partly after office hours, which you can do at home. You will be entitled to 27 days annual holiday; extra time you might put in can be compensated with extra days off.
This position carries many additional benefits. They pay an extra month’s salary every year (the “13th month”), offers a profit-sharing scheme and pays two-thirds of your pension, plus offering a corporate health-insurance discount.
How to apply?
I will be happy to receive your CV (resumé) and motivation. You can only apply directly through me, mr. Jaap Roorda. As a former publisher (b2b, Medical and Educational) I match professionals through CareerHouse.nl.
email@example.com (+31 (0)6 - 5144 1400). When we meet for an interview, we take at least 1,5 hours to check if this would be the right move for you. You'll get feedback, on your CV/ resumé as well as other aspects. www.careerhouse.nl