Sr. Medical Communication Manager SPAIN or other EU-country
Vacancy medical writing
Sr. Medical Communication Manager
PhD / MD / PharmD (or equal) with clientfacing skills + focus on proper content
Your role in this vacancy Medical Communication?
As a Sr. Medical Communication Manager you will work within a team to develop, drive and deliver highquality, medically accurate educational content materials (for live meetings, online educational initiatives, and enduring materials). Part of your job will be to write and/or develop medical content, so a background in (bio)medical / life sciences is necessary! For example, after you proposed drafts of abstracts or slide kits to clients, you will get their feedback on the content and should be able to adapt the content according to this feedback. Also you will visit clients and attend conferences, on average 6 a year. Clients are: Global or European Headquarters of Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies. You have good projectmanagement skills: you remotely cooperate (home based e.g.) with your account team members such as: Editorial (medical writers), Production, Medical Advisors, Project Coordinators. You report to the (Amsterdam based) Program Director.
What does this agency offer you in return?
This position is open for any Sr. in Medical Communication with an EU Permit. You’ll get a demanding but rewarding, entrepreneurial position. Your contract will be 36 hrs per week. You will be entitled to 27 days annual holiday. This position carries many additional benefits. They pay an extra month’s salary every year (the “13th month”), offer a profit-sharing scheme and pay two-thirds of your pension, plus offering a corporate health-insurance discount.
Skills needed this vacancy medical writing
Who am I looking for?
Ideally you meet as much as possible of these criteria:
• Advanced degree (i.e. PhD, MD, PharmD) in a medical or science-related specialty (plus relevant work experience in medical education)
• Experience in medical affairs and/or marketing positions in the Pharma industry – a strong advantage!
• Medical writing or medical education/communications experience within an agency or pharma/biotech company, a plus!
• Excellent command of the English language and outstanding written and communication skills
• Strong project management and client liaison abilities; a non too-introvert personality (since you deal face-to-face with KOL's )
• Versatility and ability to change topics and priorities rapidly in order to simultaneously manage multiple projects
• Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as within a team, to deliver high quality materials
• Excellent editorial and computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Valid EU work permit required
Leading in medical communication and medical writing
Our client is a leading medical communications agency that partners with the pharmaceutical and biotech industry to educate the global healthcare community. They create and deliver a full line of strategic solutions in the areas of Strategic Publication Planning, Medical Communications, Medical Education, and Medical Publishing, from traditional newsletters to to complete symposium organization and innovative e-learning portals. At the Amsterdam Office a staff of 70 (20 nationalities!) successfully increase their business.
How to apply for this vacancy medical writing?
I will be happy to receive your CV (resumé) and motivation. You can apply directly through me, mr. Jaap Roorda. As a former publisher (b2b, Medical and Educational) I match professionals through www.careerhouse.nl
My cell phone: +31 (0)6 - 5144 1400. When we meet or Skype, we take time to check if this would be the right move for you. You'll get feedback, on your CV/ resumé as well as other aspects.